- 71% of online adults use Facebook
- 63% of Facebook users visit daily and 40% visit multiple times per day
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
- 1.39 billion monthly active Facebook users
What Should You Post on Facebook?
- Current events – use the news to inspire your Facebook posts
- Become a thought leader – Post informative Updates about issues and developments in your practice area
- Facebook is visual platform – incorporate photos and videos
- Comment on, Like, or Share others’ links – this will engage the audience in conversation and give you an opportunity to interact with influencers in your field that could lead to potential references
How Often Should You Post?
- Up to once a day
Engagement Tips for Facebook
- Offer a call to action – this will encourage people to interact and create relationship with your followers
- Use self-promotion sparingly – Facebook users don’t like to be “sold to” in their newsfeed
- Participate in relevant Groups – this is a great way to get your name out there and participate in communities of common interests
- Do some research on your jurisdiction’s ethical rules on Facebook – Add any necessary legal disclaimers, and familiarize yourself with rules on advertising, solicitation and confidentiality
Connect to Social Starter
If you are a Social Starter client, use this link to connect your existing Facebook business page to Social Starter.