You do not need to give us a password in order to connect your existing social media to Social Starter. Instead, we ask you to add us as administrators to your pages, which lets us post to them. Here’s how to add us as an administrator to your social media pages:
- Instructions for Facebook Business Pages
- Instructions for Linkedin Company Pages
- Instructions for Google Business Profiles
Important: In June, 2021, Facebook began rolling out its “New Pages Experience.” The new experience changes how admins are added. Most business pages have already been converted to the new experience, while some retain the classic interface. If you are not sure which experience you are viewing, we recommend trying the instructions for New Pages Experience first. If they don’t seem to apply to your page, then proceed to the instructions for Classic Pages below.
1. Visit your business page while logged into Facebook.
2. You may see a message “Switch into ____’s page to start managing it.” If so, click Switch Now.
3. Click the button labeled Manage, which is located towards the top of the page, on the right side.
4. A menu will appear. Select Page Access.
5. You will be redirected to the Page Access screen. Scroll down until you can see the heading Pending access requests. You should see a request from Martindale Hubbell. Click Review request.
6. A box will appear asking you to review the request. It should appear like the screenshot below. Click Next.
7. At the next screen, click Accept.
8. You will be asked to re-enter your password.
9. Please let us know this is done so we can complete the process on our end.
Instructions for Classic Pages
Note: These instructions only apply to older Facebook pages that haven’t migrated to the New Pages Experience.
2. Click on Page Settings from menu on the left of your screen.
3. You should now see the Page Settings screen. Select Page Roles from the left menu.
4. On the Page Roles screen, look for the heading Assign a New Page Role. In the text box, enter: ben.mchugh.7106 . As you type, you should see a box appear with the Martindale logo and the name “Benjamin McHugh.” This is our social media management account. Click that box. Make sure to select Admin from the adjacent drop-down menu. (Please do not give us editor access! We require admin access to connect the page to our service.)
5. Click Add to the right of the text box. You may be asked to enter your Facebook password to approve the changes.
1. Visit your company page while logged into Linkedin. (If you don’t know the address to your company page, click the Me button in the upper right corner and look for your page at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will have the format “Company: Your Firm Name”)
2. In the upper right corner of your company page, you may see a button that says “View as admin.” If you see it, click that button. If, instead, you see a button that says “View as member” then you are already in admin view.
3. Click Admin Tools in the upper right of the screen, and select Manage Admins.
4. That should redirect you to a page with the heading “Admin Roles”. In the upper right part of the screen, click the button that says “Add admin.”
5. A dialog box titled “Add page admin” will appear. In the field labeled “Add new admin by name…”, begin typing Bruce Wolansk An account should pop up below where you type, with a photo of a book and the title “Social Starter Assistant at Martindale-Hubbell.” (Bruce is one of the accounts we use for Linkedin.)
6. Click on Bruce Wolansk and select the Super Admin role. Then click Save in the lower right of the box.
1. Sign in to https://business.google.com
2. You should be taken to a search results page with your business listing. If you have multiple business profiles, and instead see a heading for “Google Business Profile Manager,” you will have to click See your profile next to the business you wish to add us to.
3. Click the 3 vertical dots to access the menu. If you can’t find it, look for the heading “Your Business on Google” and look to the right.
4. From the menu, click on Business Profile settings.
5. From the resulting screen, click on Managers.
6. From the managers screen, click the add user icon (looks like two people with a plus sign) in the upper right.
7. Enter the email address [email protected]
8. Under “Access” choose Manager.
9. Click Invite. Notify us when this is complete so we can accept the invitation on our end.