In some cases, you do not need to give us a password in order to connect an existing social profile to Social Starter. Here’s how:
- Instructions for Facebook Business Pages
- Instructions for Linkedin Company Pages
- Instructions for Google My Business
(These instructions have been updated to reflect Facebook’s new interface. If you are still using Classic Facebook, please scroll down. Thank you!)
2. Click on Page Settings from menu on the left of your screen.
3. You should now see the Page Settings screen. Select Page Roles from the left menu.
4. On the Page Roles screen, look for the heading Assign a New Page Role. In the text box, enter: ben.mchugh.7106 . As you type, you should see a box appear with the Martindale logo and the name “Benjamin McHugh.” This is our social media management account. Click that box. Make sure to select Admin from the adjacent drop-down menu.
5. Click Add to the right of the text box. You may be asked to enter your Facebook password to approve the changes.
1. While logged into Linkedin, visit this page. This is our management account, listed under Martin Hubbell.
2. Click the Connect button.
3. If asked “How do you know Martin?” select “We’ve done business together.” You do not need to include a personal note. Click Send Invitation.
4. Notify your sales rep that you would like to grant Social Starter access to your company page, and that you have connected to the Martin Hubbell account. Your rep will contact the social media team, and they will approve the connection.
5. After the connection has been approved, visit your company page while logged into Linkedin. (If you don’t know the address to your company page, click the Me button in the upper right corner and look for your page at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will have the format “Company: Your Firm Name”)
6. In the upper right corner of your company page, you may see a button that says “View as admin.” If you see it, click that button. If, instead, you see a button that says “View as member” then you are already in admin view.
7. Click Admin Tools in the upper right of the screen, and select Manage Admins.
8. A dialog box should appear with the heading “Manage Admins”. In the text box labeled “Add new admin by name…”, begin typing Martin Hubbell. You should see the account appear in a pop-up beneath the text box. When you see the pop up, click on it.
9. Click Save changes in the bottom of the dialog box.
1. Sign in to https://business.google.com
2. If you have multiple My Business listings, you will see them listed after logging in. Click on the business name to view the My Business dashboard. If you just have one My Business listing, you will be redirected to the dashboard after logging in.
3. From the menu on the left side of the screen, select Users
4. A box labeled Manage Permissions will pop up, and you will see an icon (two people with a plus sign) in the upper right corner of the box. Click that icon.
5. When prompted to enter the email of the new user, please enter [email protected] Select Manager from the list of roles below the email address.
6. Click Invite.
7. Notify us when this is complete so we can accept the invitation on our end.